Hello, My Dears. So thrilled you are here.
Since you clicked “About,” you may want to know a few things about me. I shall list 10, maybe more, maybe not…
1. I love poetry. In many ways it has saved me. Plath, Li-Young Lee, Sexton, Gluck, Oliver, Kafka…and on and on and on….
2. I’ve watched these movies more than 5 times. I know, it’s weird, but when I
love, I love forever—- The Family
Stone, The American President, Working Girl, The Way We Were, The Mirror Has
Two Faces, Erin
Brockovich, Out of Africa, The Breakfast Club, All the President’s Men, The
China Syndrome, Network, & Spartacus.
3. I started blogging as a way to mourn, scream,
& lament about my sister, Kay’s murder.
4. I absolutely- truly- fully am in love with
Helen Mirren, Dove chocolate, Cupcake Red Velvet Wine, Elizabeth Berg, ballet, Project Runway, Indie movies, Vladimir
Nabokov, all women’s stories, my earth angels, my family, grilled chicken, Sex and the City -(I’ve watched the last episode 10 times!)
sushi, dates with Mr. Liverpool, Adele, Nora Jones, & God.
5. My soul mate &
best friend (was) is my sister, Kay. Mr.
Liverpool is okay with that. Love you, Mr. L.
6. I love my own company. Sometimes too much.
Salander, the character from Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is one of my Heroes…along
with my Daddy, Nelson Mandela, Mercy Adhiambo, Saint Shirley, Mother Theresa, & my
8. When I’m
not writing, I’m thinking about writing.
9. I identify with the so-called bad girls: Gaga, Madonna, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, & Erica
10. I am
listening to Poisonwood Bible & reading Sisters.
This blog is dedicated to my dear sister, Kay, who was
murdered by Mike Peterson on May 26, 2010.
I shall mourn and scream and weep and lament until the day we meet
My Soul Mate, Kay, whom I love love love love…Forever Always for All Eternity.
~~**Every morning, I wake up
and forget just for a second that it happened. But once my eyes open, it buries
me like a landslide of sharp, sad rocks. Once my eyes open, I’m heavy, like
there’s too much gravity on my heart.** ––Sarah Ockler, Sisters
Subcribe to My Inner Chick Here: http://myinnerchick.com/subscribe/