Feminism is a movement that seeks to create an equal society for women. The feminist movement has changed the world by making it socially unacceptable to sexually harass or discriminate against women and mandating equality in pay scales.
The word “feminist” has a negative connotation for many, who associate it with radical feminists. However, feminism is simply the belief that women are equal to men in every way. If you believe this, you’re probably a feminist whether or not you know it!
But there are many people who identify as feminists without even realizing it! If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, then you’re probably one too. Here are seven signs that may help you identify as one:
1) Do you believe in equal rights for all genders?
2) Are you opposed to sexual discrimination?
3) Do you think men should take on more caregiving responsibilities?
4) Would you like our laws about marriage, divorce, and custody be reformed so they don’t discriminate against mothers or fathers?
5) You wish society would be more accepting of differences between genders
6) You want people to have an equal opportunity at life’s opportunities regardless of gender
7) You feel uncomfortable when someone makes sexist jokes