~Don’t judge the women who stay, judge the men who kill them—Kim Sisto Robinson
1. because of the babies. They needed a father. He was never a father.
2. because she was embarrassed to become a single mother. She was always a single mother.
3. because she was ashamed of going on welfare. What about the welfare of her boys?
4. because of her faith. She wanted to please God. God isn’t pleased by an abusive marriage.
5. because she didn’t think she could make it on her own. She could have changed the world.
6. because she didn’t have a college education. Her murderer liked it that way.
7. because she thought he’d become a better man. He was never a real man.
8. because she felt sorry for him. We all became part of the problem, not the solution.
9. because when he called her a no good fucking cunt. She believed it.
10. because he said nobody else would want her. He was talking about himself.
11. because he knew how to manipulate her heart into believing his lies. Her beautiful heart was in constant denial.
12. because she was familiar with the dysfunction. Like an abused dog who still loves its owner.
13. because she thought he’d change. HE. NEVER. CHANGED.
–A NOTE: In the year before Kay’s murder, she went back to school and received her phlebotomist degree. She was becoming empowered. I could see it in her face, her eyes, her soul.
Unfortunately, her murderer saw this, too.
When she decided to leave Mike Peterson the end of May, 2010. She never made it out the door. He shot her 3 times in the head.
—-Get Help Today. You are Loved, Cherished, & Valued: Domestic Abuse Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Darling, Reader, Are you in an abusive relationship? If so, tell somebody. ANYBODY. There is support and love for you. Believe it. Empower yourself TODAY. xx