1. I really, really dig Girl in a Food Frenzy. I love to watch Alice creating delicious, delectable, daring dishes ( I also dig alliteration ) from Australia. Watch this segment. I was the one, Yes, MEeeee, who requested this mouth-watering dessert because it’s pure chocolate!
2. I really, really dig walking next to railroad tracks. The scent of tar, dust, iron, and smoke brings me home, brings me to places I’ve never been, brings me of places I might want to go.
3. I really, really dig shoes. Seriously, there will never come a day when I shall declare, “Well, now I have enough!” Are you serious?
4. I really, really dig these lines from Lolita. Nabokov’s words are meant to be read aloud. The syllables melt upon the tongue like warm melted butter. I’ve listened to Jeremy Irons read this book two times already.
“Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: The tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta”
5. I really, really dig this photo of my friend T. She cannot reveal her face for apparent reasons.
6. I really, really dig fiction by Elizabeth Berg. I simply adore books about women’s relationships & Berg delivers every. single. time. I’ve read all of her books over and over again. She is my hot fudge sundae author, my feel good author, my “i am home author.”
7. I really, really dig taking photos of cats. I believe doctors should offer prescriptions for cats instead of Prozac. Don’t you?
8. I really, really dig this photo of my sister, Kay. This is how I imagine her crossing over to the other side to meet God. In Italian it’s called: a t t r a v e r s i a m o.
9. I really, really dig this art project I pasted together while watching reruns of The Barefoot Contessa, Modern Family, and The Walton’s.
10. I really, really dig old type writers. I love imaging who typed upon them. The clickity clack of fingers writing poems, stories, or even boring documents. I bought my old Royal above for only 5 dollars at a garage sale.
11. I really, really dig women who give good voice. Women who make a difference. Women who listen without judgment. Women who take chances with their words. WOMEN who transform the universe into something better.
12. I really, really dig the reading specialist, Shane, from Macarthur Elementary. She smiles all day long, makes eye contact, buys funky dresses, wears high black boots, & during every staff meeting says this– “How can I serve you today?”
13. I really, really dig all kinds of animals. I believe they were placed on earth as educators, healers, and deserve the fullest respect. These camels were in Duluth, MN for a nativity scene. We fell in love with them—Especially, Kay.
14. I really, really dig this scene from Sex and the City. To me, this clip can be transferred into writing raw, writing real, & kicking ass!
15. I really, really dig this photo of Madonna, which actually turned out. Hundreds of others did not! She is a tiny little thing with a HUGE presence.
16. I really, really dig this comment written after my post– “Letter to My Sister’s Murderer.” I framed it, so I’ll always remember that our stories matter, our voices matter, our words matter. (even when we assume nobody is listening)
—–Darlings, I’d like you to write your own number 17. Begin your comment with I Really, Really Dig…. xxxxx LOVE.