- Black Boots. I once asked Mr. Liverpool if he knew what my favorite color was. After much consideration and sighing, he finally says, “black boots!” Classic.
- Lipstick. I have tubes of cherry red, hot pink, vivid raspberry, cool coral, & clear gloss. Furthermore, I have all of Kay’s bags upon bags of Clinique, which I shall keep forever.
- Family Gatherings. Almost every Sunday, my daddy prepares a huge spaghetti dinner at his house on 95th and Seaver: Homemade sauce with bacon, Italian sausage, beef ribs, pigs feet, canned corn, thick pasta from the Italian Village, and sometimes, polenta, which is like biting into my childhood. YESSSSS. See my daddy HERE!
- This Quote by Sylvia Plath: “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am.” ( it’s a reminder that we are A-L-I-V-E ).
- Meeting Kick Ass Blogging Chicks. Do any of these cards look familiar? I’m in touch with women from South Africa, Australia, France, Germany, Great Britain, New York, Sweden, Norway, & Maine. ( to name a few ) Oh, and a few dudes, as well.
- The Road Less Traveled: I take the same route on my walk every. single. day.
I typically encounter the same people (we nod at one another, ‘Hey.’) I pick the same flowers (I steal them from Mrs. Bennett’s garden ). I pet the same dog, Sierra, and walk over the same railroad tracks ( I love trains ). Last week, quite out of character, I decided to take a side road. What I stumbled upon was the Land of Eden, The Yellow Brick Road. SEE Below! This is a metaphor—but it’s not a metaphor. Don’t you LooooooooOVE?!
- The Breakfast Club: I looooooove this film: The brain. The athlete. The basket case. The princess. The criminal. I love all of them. I was the basket case…but now, I’m the princess! Watch Here!!
8. Audio Books. I go a bit nuts when people assume listening to audio books is cheating. “You’re not actually reading,” they exclaim. I say, “Are the words still flowing inside my ears? Are the stories still molding inside my mind?” Yes. And yes.
Assholes. I mean, you’re entitled to your opinion, people.
9. Blue Chips w/ Guacamole Dip. Delicious & Heavenly. Here’s what you do: get your organic blue chips and guac together, a glass of red wine, choose an Indie movie from Netflix & enjoy your evening, darlings.
10. Taking Photos of My Cat: I confess, I’m a cat woman. So what. Anyhow, my cat isn’t happy about this fact. I dress him up like Gaga, put leopard sweaters on him & chased him up the tree for this photo. Look at that face!
11. Downton Abbey: Decadent. Delicious. Devine. Un-fucking-forgettable. Get Hooked HERE!
12. Take Me To The King. I’ve already told everybody that this is the song I want played at my funeral. I love it so so so so so so much. I also looooove the word “SO.” Listen NOW!
13. Billy Bob Thornton: This Interview stirred me, touched me, inspired me. I loooooooooove Billy.
14. Verbs. For example, I love the verbs in the 23rd Psalm: Leads. Restores. Guides. Anoints. Comforts. Protects. Prepares. Refreshes. Follows. LOVE.
15. Inspirational People. I adore people who cause me to think, reflect, transform, evolve, bloom, believe, love harder & live better.
—-Readers, tell me some things that you effing love!
—-Announcing the WINNERS of Deborah Batterman Book, Shoes Hair Nails: Red Dwyer and Ellen Gregg! Get in touch with me, girls. CONGRATS! Go buy her book! Check out her blog! Introduce yourself!
—Please Like MY INNER CHICK’S Facebook page!!! Every time you click LIKE, an angel gets her wings, darlings. No, seriously.