- I gravitate towards people who are unconventional, authentic, non-judgmental, a bit rebellious, & laugh at my jokes.
2. When I meet another female, I typically know immediately if I want her as a girlfriend. Afterwards, my friends will ask: “Kim, so, would you go out with her for a glass of wine?” Or “Is she Wineworthy?” Well, are ya, Punk?
- Mr. Liverpool says I get a tinsy weensy fanatical about certain things—like writing, books, blogging, chocolate, certain movies, & social media. I’m not sure what the hell the dude’s talking about because I’m too busy updating my facebook status.
- Three reasons I write today: 1. Sylvia Plath 2. Jonathan Livingston Seagull 3. Kay
- I love cat tails ( the real ones) I cannot walk by a cat without sliding my fingers down her soft tail. Weird, but true.
- When my sister and I were on our sister dates, people could hear us talking & laughing from a mile away. That’s called being ITALIAN, babe!
- I never wrote the word “Fuck” in my writing until after my sister was murdered.
- I’m addicted to this new kick ass blog site: The Sister Wives
10 Okay, perhaps I am a bit obsessive. This summer, I devoured the 2nd series of Orange is the New Black & Downton Abbey in three days. I was abundantly satisfied.
11. Before I send out cards ( YES, old-fashioned, handwritten cards ), I sprinkle gold or silver glitter on the inside. ( give me your address & I’ll send you one )
12. My favorite new author is Gillian Flynn. I just adore complex characters with layers upon layers of imperfection. I want to peel that onion continually as I read…You get my drift?
13. Besides all of Flynn’s books, the best book I’ve read all summer is: The Story Teller by Jodi Picoult
14. I love love love the scent of turkey roasting, buns rising, dressing bubbling, & gravy simmering.
15. One of my favorite movie scenes from Terms of Endearment: HERE!!
16. I believe in God, everlasting life, & the resurrection. I believe Kay and I will be united in a new kind of paradise, which I look forward to. I have so much to tell her…so many secrets to share.
17. I’d walk 10 miles for a diet coke ( Lime is optional )
18. I believe hierarchy definitely exists in the blogging world. Once again, I’m back in high school, you know, the weird, unpopular girl trying desperately to fit in.
19. I constantly spell piece incorrectly. It’s only correct now because of spell-check. I don’t understand why my brain cannot comprehend “I before E except after C.”
20. I believe every single experience, good and bad, prepare us for the next experience.
21. I have a few girlfriends I call my “root friends,” meaning they’ve been there from the very beginning. Nooo. they’re not old! They are beautiful, smart, patient, amazing, hilarious, accomplished superstars. And if I were a lesbian, I’d marry all of them.
—-Darling, Reader, what exceptional qualities do your BEST girlfriends possess?
Author, Deborah Batterman, is giving away her newest book, **Shoes Hair Nails** to the best comment below. Thank you, Deborah!