Sweet Lisa, who writes the blog: The Girls Guide To Leaving A Marriage, asked me to participle in a question/answer thingy—Please visit her blog below. She rocks like Gaga.
—- 11 RANDOM THINGS—
1. I work in a classroom with 10 comical-as-hell autistic elementary students.
2. Licking the frosting from cupcakes, puddings, & cookies is an addiction. I’ve been severely disciplined for this.
3. I dealt blackjack to a sheik who left the casino girls 10 thousand dollars for a tip.
4. I watch rerun after rerun of Little House on the Prairie & The Walton’s. I love love love.
5. I adore television that deals with women’s relationships such as Sex and the City & Call the Midwives. (talk about night and day!)
6. When I hear Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith, I go a little wild.
7. Lizbeth, from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, is my supreme, kick ass fictional hero.
8. I never-ever-evahhh leave the house without lipstick on.
9. I lived on a Carnival Cruise Line ship as a croupier w/ five other girls for one year. CRAaaaaaaaaaaZY bitches.
10. Red wine is the only thing I drink when I go out. If I drink anything else, I usually need to call and apologize the next day.
11. My perfect day is: A big fat Italian dinner with my entire family.
1. What was your reason for launching your blog?
I started my blog as a means to mourn, weep, cuss, & write words about my sister’s murder. The blogging platform is liberating, freeing, and beautiful. No editors. No judgment. Nobody breathing down your neck. I can scream “fuck you!” and nobody can do a damn thing about it.
2. What’s your all time favorite ice cream?
A soft vanilla cone from MacDonald’s!
3. What keeps you writing, coming back to the keyboard?
I write to breathe, live, pray, survive. That’s all. Words save me every. single. day.
4. What advice would you give your 20 year old self?
Don’t worry about what other people think about you. In the end, they will not matter. You are worthwhile, valuable, and powerful.
5. What has been the hardest lesson you’ve learned so far?
To walk directly thru the fire rather than around it, between it, above it. There is no other way, no other direction. You will eventually arrive at the same destination.
6. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
That’s hard to answer! I want to change sooooo many things. Perhaps, I’d change some of the laws about domestic violence. For example, no tolerance—-no second chances—no more excuses.
7. Where is your dream destination?
Africa. It’s always been Africa. Love you, Mercy.
8. One book you read over and over and still love!
I’ve read and listened to The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton about 7 times. It’s pure delicious dysfunctional perfection.
9. What was the title of your first piece?
The first piece I had published was titled “Pearl.”
10. Finish the sentence “I wish I hadn’t _________”
Eaten those five chocolate chip cookies while watching Orange is the New Black.
11. You’ve just been arrested for protesting, who do you call?
I’ve always wanted to protest against something…I dig those chicks from the 60’s. I’d call Mr. Liverpool, of course!
——Tell me one random thing about yourself, darlings.
Lisa’s Blog: http://lisathomsonlive.com/
My London Friend’s New Book is OUT! yeahh, Peter!: http://www.amazon.com/Living-Life-Backwards-Peter-Wells/dp/1940812542
My Favorite New Blog that I stalk is “Girl In A Food Frenzy”: http://girlinafoodfrenzy.com/about/