…I am moved by what I believe. What I do believe is greater, stronger, and mightier than what I have my eyes on. Deep in my heart, I do believe , I shall overcome.—Israelmore Avivor
1. I believe the power of light is greater than the darkness dark.
2. I believe animals were placed on earth to teach & educate human beings. (so, treat them with respect,
3. I believe our pain becomes our purpose. Don’t waste a minute of it.
4. I believe poetry flows into veins and minds and souls like small gods.
5. I believe living can be much more complex than dying.
6. I believe lemon-yellow tulips were invented for me.
7. I believe a simple black dress with bitch-red heels is sexier than nakedness.
8. I believe in resurrection, green, aqua skies, & mandarin poppies dancing like salsa dancers.
9. I believe the weight of words and great books transform communities, nations, and lives.
10. I believe in saying “I love you” as often as possible.
11. I believe when one mourns and grieves, even the liver and lungs cry out in agony.
12. I believe in God. I mean, He is the reason I’m still here, Darlings.
13. I believe in kissing hard and long and passionately…and then remembering that kiss throughout the day and dreaming about it at night.
14. I believe the definition of abuse is when another person makes you feel small. It’s that simple. If you cause another person to feel small & degraded, you are an abuser. And that’s that. Don’t argue with me.
15. I believe there are NO accidents or coincidences. Everything that occurs makes us grow. Every person we encounter (good or bad) causes us to rise up.
16. I believe in the midst of hopelessness, there is hope. For example, my sister’s lungs saved Ed from Michigan. We love you, Ed.
17. I believe that loving a cat is better than loving anti-depressants.
18. I believe God invented girlfriends because He understood that men had absolutely no inkling what the hell we were talking about.
19. I believe that heaven consists of shades of blue, glittering greens, golden yellows, remarkable authors, flowing chocolate, beautiful poetry, black panthers, white tigers, our dead pets, family, and sisters.
20. I believe writing words saved me from absolute & utter psychosis.
21. I believe I can awaken each morning/mourning because my family made it possible.
22. I believe there are no endings, only beginnings. This makes me happy.
–Darling, Reader, tell me something you believe in.
Sign up here for Kay’s Walk To End Domestic Violence on Saturday–May 31st. : http://www.theduluthmodel.org/events.html
Learn about Organ Donation Here: http://www.organdonor.gov/index.html