~~~~Twenty One Things I’ve Learned In 2013…
1. No matter how old your boys are, you will still discover yellow crusted pee on your nicely scrubbed toilet seats.
2. Whatever transpires in life, good & bad, this will prepare you for what transpires next.
3. Your best friends stand by you, even when you’re dreadfully, horribly unstandable.
4. Angels dwell on earth & some are clothed in multi colored cat fur.
5. Things that terrify you the most may become your greatest teachers.
6. Chocolate, girlfriends, writing, and wine are small prayers.
7. Even after 25+ years of marriage, your husband will still roll his eyes, tsk, and utter, “What the hell are you talking about, woman?!”
8. Stop blaming the hot flashes and accept your insanity.
9. You can be 20 pounds overweight and still love yourself.
10. How to make saltine toffee & crock pot lava cake. Oh, My!
11. The meaning of life is also your purpose in life.
12. Contrary to belief, it’s NOT all about “You.”
13. God Lives.
14. No matter where you’re from, whom you worship, or what language you verbalize in, we all want the same fundamental things: love, connection, & acceptance.
15. Every single time I watch “The Family Stone,” it’s like the first time. I love, love, love.
16. Never. Ever. pour grease down your kitchen sink drain.
17. Mourning will only conclude when you do.
18. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not, buy Generic K-Cups for your Keurig machine.
19. Pain & Love originate from the same deep place.
20. Life goes on even when you don’t want to.
21. This breath. This heartbeat. This life. Is not the end.
——Other Cool Things—-
Favorite New Author: Gillian Flynn
Favorite Dialogue: Ian Malcolm: “God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.”
Ellie Sattler: “Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits earth.” —Jurassic Park
My Inner Chick’s Favorite Post of 2013: Keep Holding On: http://myinnerchick.com/2013/11/1/keep-holding-on-footage-of-kays-last-days
Favorite Observation/Interview: Nelson Mandela interviewed by Oprah Winfrey. Not once did Mr. Mandela begin his sentences with I or Me.
When he met Oprah at the studio, he asked, “What is the subject of this program, Ms. Winfrey?”
“You,” she answered. “You!”
Favorite Moment: Meeting Ed & (his Family), the person who has my sister’s lungs. Love you, Ed.
Favorite Movie: Zero Dark Thirty (directed by Kathryn Bigelow)
Humane Society, Duluth, MN: http://www.animalallies.net
Big Cat Sanctuary: http://www.wildcatsantuary.org/donate-now/
Home For Life: http://wwwhomeforlife.org/vision.htm
Domestic Abuse Intervention: http://www.theduluthmodel.org
Saint Jude: http://www.stjude.org/about
——DONATE YOUR ORGANS!– http://www.life.source.org
——Darling, Readers, what are some things you’ve learned in 2013? xxxx Tell me! Tell Me!