1. What was the main reason you started a blog?
I started a blog as a means to mourn the loss of my sister who was murdered in 2010 by her husband of 25 years. I started a blog to write words I couldn’t say aloud in real life. My blog is a platform to scream, swear, cry, & become utterly, beautifully, wholly liberated.
2. Have you ever felt like giving up on blogging?
Yes, but then in the midst of my wanting-to-quit, I’ll receive a particular comment, tweet, or email that brings me to my knees.
3. What has been your experience with your readers so far?
Definitely positive. They’re smart, insightful, loyal, and amazing. My readers have taught me much more than I could ever teach them.
4. Do you plan to one day turn your blog into a career?
Blogging is only practice for the next level. It’s the side salad before the main course.
5. Many bloggers are working on a manuscript. Are you planning to write a book, or have one already started?
My book, 730 Days, Letters To My Sister, is being edited presently. There’s LOTS of competition out there, but if you believe, truly believe, your story will be heard.
6. What’s the last act of random kindness that you performed?
I hope I’m actively being kind every single day. This is my intention. Doesn’t everybody feel this way?
7. If money and time weren’t an issue, what’s the one thing you’ve always dreamed of doing that you would do?
I’d travel to Kisumu, Kenya to visit my pen pal, Mercy Adhiambo. We’ve been communicating every day since 2007. We met thru words, writing, pain, God, and metaphor. She is the Jane Austin to my Sylvia Plath. I love you, Mercy!
8. Who has had the biggest influence on the way you view yourself right now?
O’My, that question is abundantly difficult to answer in one sentence or two. I need to reflect on this…
9. What’s your favorite book, and why?
I can’t just name one. No. No. No. Every book means something different to me. For example, I love Lolita because the words melt. I adore Ariel because the words are fire. I appreciate Girl Gone because it kicks ass. And I savor The Book of Ruth because the content is pure dysfunctional perfection.
10. If you celebrate Christmas, what’s your favorite Christmas song?
I do celebrate. For about a month! My all time favorite (new) Christmas song is “Mary, Did You Know?” My old favorite is, “O, Holy Night.”
~~~~Darling, Readers, how will you be celebrating Christmas this year? Xxxx LOVE!
Kim is the person who came up with these wonderful questions… Please check out Kim’s Blog here: http://letmereach.com