“Wit” Is Unbelievably Unforgettable.

~~I can quite honesty confess that this scene from the Pulitzer winning play “Wit will move you from your seat.

Wit was written by Margaret Edson;   she states, “This play is about knowledge, grace, and redemption.

In this clip you will observe Emma Thomson who plays Professor Vivian Bearing being  visited by her old college professor, whom she’s never particularly liked.   I found this scene especially powerful and moving because we cannot comprehend who our angels will be during our darkest hours….

I know during my dark days, I have been quite surprised by the amazing encouragers and mentors who have come forward.

Sometimes the one  we least expect to love us will be the person who will hold our hand in the end.

Vivian Bearing in dying of ovarian cancer.  After watching this scene, I thought about it for several days afterwards.

Stunning.     Dazzling.     Potent.    Unforgettable. Beautiful.

~~~Wit:  Wit by Margaret Edson | Rebecca Reads

Amy
    December 11, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Oh, Kim. That hurt. Three minutes into it, I was sobbing, wanting to turn it off. I just couldn’t though. It was so painful, but it was such a heart-wrenching reminder of how we, as human beings, need to BE there for other people. We get so wrapped up in the rush of daily life, that we often leave people who are hurting behind. I really needed to see this today. There are people that need hugs, encouragement, love, or just a hand on their shoulder. I get physically sick thinking about someone – anyone – dying alone and afraid. I imagine we are all afraid at the end, but I think that having a kind voice, a warm embrace might make a person not feel so scared. Awwww. Love ya, Kim. xoxo

susan boswell
    December 12, 2010 at 11:32 am

Oh, I am sitting here crying like a baby. Thank God I am alone. that was beautiful, so poignant. Is this a movie? I have not heard of it. Thank you for sharing. Incredible.

Joan Macdonell
    December 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Wow! so powerful. I haven’t heard of this play before so thank you for sharing. It’s an amazing lesson in love.
    Joan

Kelly
    December 13, 2010 at 10:25 am

That’s what love is about!!! I can’t stop the tears, but I don’t want to…. They are GOOD tears!!!! Thank you Kim, you are an amazing healer. You ALWAYS seem to know what to write.. or post!!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!!!

Kim Gagnon
    December 13, 2010 at 12:50 pm

So powerful & beautiful !! The most simple, basic things; touch ,listen , & soothing voices make all the difference in the world! Thanks for shraing Kimmy! I love your website! OXOXOXOXOXOXOXO K

Tia
    December 13, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Very powerful, I guess no one really knows what or who God has planned to help us ease the pain of life and death.

You Rocked It Again,
    Kimmers Love you

maria andros
    December 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Great work keep it coming